Sunday 5 June 2011

Monday was a pretty fun trip.

Still feeling tired from Sunday's swimming and the subsequent lack of sleep visiting my godma, I woke up late for school. Family's not really much of a ponner so I just tookthings upon my own hands and took 154 to school.
Missed the first bus though so I got slightly pissed and decided to take a casual walk by the park to the bus stop opposite Lakeside MRT station.
I did reach Ngee Ann, but I just gave an "Oh." and went back to sleep. All the way to Eunos. The bus driver's really kind to activate the bell before we reached the interchange, seeing that I'm the only person left throughout the ride.

By then it was already 12, so I thought I might as well have my lunch, even though I wasn't really hungry. Should have tried the Vegan Burger restaurant across the street but on hindsight... nahhhh.

Checking out the buses at the bus stop in Eunos, I found one that would me to Woodlands, from which I could take another bus home. On the bus, I noticed mascara, of all things! The lady was somewhat pretty, though a little on the plump side. Ah point is I was starting at her mascara more than I stare at her. It's like a layer of black rectangle curving along her upper eyelashes! Quite cool :x

Finally I took 178 from Woodlands back home. I thought I'd stop at the Rail Mall and explore that area but I overslept so too bad.

And that was how I killed time from 9.30am to 3pm


X-Men: First Class was a rather nice reboot of the series on the big screen, surprisingly. Amidst the backdrop of the Cold War, we see how the earliest mutants struggle with their newfound abilities and how The Brotherhood and the X-Men formed. Kudos to anyone who can spot the biology aspects before it got really obvious!
I was pretty sure I spotted the DNA identification markers, the various (RNA?) blocks, of course the DNA itself, cell multiplication, and I think there was Redshift but I'm not sure...
I did thought the part where one of the US Commanders (played by the Devil guy in Reaper) was an allusion to "Sympathy For The Devil"...
Kungfu Panda 2 wasn't that bad a show, still looks to me like a homage comedy of wuxia films with a western artstyle. Not that they have forgotten the East, with everything being based on China, but also with the opening sequence. Shadow puppetry anyone? Just take it light-hearted and not at face value, and the movie isn't that bad as it seems.

Alright time for dinner!




lousydude walked on the sunny side.
6/05/2011 07:57:00 pm.