Monday 20 January 2014

How long has it been since I've written a blog post? Not that I have much to write. I have pretty much been alone for months anyway, well except for family and the occasional friends. Its fun being lonely, not tied down to anything, but it is gets quiet and for someone without goals, an aimless life.

I've picked up the habit of watching anime and reading manga during this time, and it was nice. For years I honestly thought they were for kids, while still admiring western animation like Pixar for good art and storytelling. Oh how 2 faced I was. Now I find them to be just as good, if not on par. I also tear more easily from watching shows nowadays. Maybe its the loneliness getting into me, feeling for 2D characters, when in real life I know little people to care for. Not even my family, whom I not know much about their likes or dislikes. What kind of a human does not know what their closed ones even like? Or is that not a must? I don't know.

Now I don't even have to think, since im in the army and all. Everyday is about surviving till the next bookout day, and then retreating back in the comfort of home until the next bookin day. Makes you miss the comfort of being a civilian. In camp sometimes I wish I were like the cats there, free to do as they please, be cuddled by others... That's why I love a bed I suppose. Artificial cuddling.

The lord gave me limbs, 5 senses, and most importantly a mind, before settling me free upon this world. This post makes me realise how mopey I am, but how, and can I use these limbs and mind of mine to shape my future? Everywhere I go, everywhere I look, it reminds me of how insignificant I am. Man creates, and with in he built the world we see today. What of me, one so insignificant, whose life seems like nothing but dust on the pavement in comparison?

Maybe Im thinking too much. Maybe I should go for a swim on the next bookout day. Talk to people. Someday. Get to know more people. Somehow.

...


lousydude walked on the sunny side.
1/20/2014 06:49:00 pm.